Breaking: White House Just Called Fake News On A Major Media Report

The White House has denied reports that President Trump will be sending 100,000 national guard troops to round up immigrants. Dailycaller.com: The AP report said that the Department of Homeland Security drafted an 11-page document calling for the mobilization of troops in Oregon, Louisiana, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters after the story broke that is “is 100 percent not true.” “It is false. It is irresponsible to be saying this,” Spicer added. While the AP report says that that it reached out to the White House before publishing, Spicer said, “I wish you guys had asked before you tweeted.” The memo dated Jan. 25 said that troops would be allowed to “perform the functions of an immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension and detention of aliens in the United States,” the AP reported. Spicer denied that it is a “White House document,” but wouldn’t categorically deny whether this idea had been considered within the administration. Read more @ (Link: amp.dailycaller.com) Please share? Do you think this may have been reported to flush out the leaker?



Posted Friday, February 17, 2017

Comments

Latest News