* The Alton Police Department busted a party at an illegally open bar only to find the mayor's wife in attendance.
* Alton, Illinois, Mayor Brant Walker wrote a lengthy apology statement to his constituents and berated his wife, Shannon, for her "stunning lack of judgment."
* "My wife is an adult capable of making her own decisions, and in this instance, she exhibited a stunning lack of judgment," Walker wrote in a statement to the Telegraph.
* Walker said he told Alton's police chief that his wife did not deserve any special treatment and should receive the same punishment as any other citizen who violated the state's stay-at-home order.
* Shannon Walker will face a criminal complaint of reckless conduct, along with each person at the party for violating the stay-at-home order.
In the early hours of April 5, local authorities busted a party at an illegally open bar in Alton, Illinois. Alton police were surprised to find the mayor's wife among the partygoers violating the state's stay-at-home order.
"Embarrassed" by her actions, Mayor Brant Walker issued a lengthy statement to berate his wife Shannon's "stunning lack of judgment."
"My wife is an adult capable of making her own decisions and in this instance she exhibited a stunning lack of judgment," Walker wrote in a statement to the Telegraph. "I am embarrassed by this incident and apologize to the citizens of Alton for any embarrassment this incident may cause our city."
Illinois' stay-at-home order prohibited all public and private gatherings occurring outside a single household or living u... (Read more)
Submitted 54 days ago
Trump addresses nation: As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property